Some helpful ways to keep your gums hygienic
Here are some useful tips which help you in maintaining your gums healthy and Oral Hygiene are as follows:
- Always choose a soft brush for your teeth as the hard brush can damage your gums.
- In addition, make a habit of doing brush twice a day.
- Moreover, always ensure to make use of floss, as sometimes a toothbrush is not able to clean the gaps.
- Furthermore, hard brushing might cause gum damage, thus it is always best to consult your dentist Berwick for an accurate brushing technique.
What are the signs of having healthy gums?
You can detect whether your gums are healthy or not by looking for the following symptoms:
- Gums are in pink colour
- There are no spots of redness or irritation.
- In addition, there is no bleeding when brushing or flossing.
- No soreness or pain.
Furthermore, plaque develops in our mouths regularly, so if plaque is not eliminated properly, then it can harm our gums. Furthermore, Gingivitis is the first stage of gum disease caused by the presence of plaque.
Let’s get familiar with the Gingivitis issue
Gingivitis is caused by plaque bacteria, which are sticky germs. Moreover, plaque gathers in the small pores between the gums and the teeth and, if not eliminated with frequent fluoride toothpaste, multiplies by feeding on sugars present in your meals and drinks. Therefore, this can lead to some serious issues such as:
- When cleaning or flossing your teeth, you may notice some bleeding.
- Pain or discomfort
- The appearance of redness, itchiness, or swollenness
Furthermore, if you did not pay attention at an earlier stage, this problem will develop into another disease called Periodontal Disease.
Oral Hygiene: Brief introduction about the Periodontal Disease
A periodontal issue is a progressive form of gum disease. This is when the germs infection behind the gums spreads and damages the bone and tissue that supports the tooth. As a result, the following outcomes are possible:
- When you clean or floss your teeth, your gums will bleed.
- Your gums will turn red, swollen, and painful.
- Pus may be observed in the pockets around the tooth
- In addition, you can have bad breath.
So, if you do not seek adequate treatment for the problem, your teeth will degrade over time and may fall out. So, start taking care of your teeth by doing proper and soft brushing.
Furthermore, if you are facing any oral hygiene issues then do not panic. You can contact our dentist at 03 9702 0234 and get rid of all oral hygiene at home. Woodleigh Waters Dental Surgery is offering oral hygienic service for many years. Moreover, you can rely on us completely. We will provide our best service to make your teeth healthy and hygienic.