If you recently had your dental implants, you must be wondering how you can protect and take care of your implants. Here in this blog, we’ll cover some tips and tricks to preserve the dental implants. Even the tooth in your mouth is prosthetic and won’t decay but still you need to take care of them, moreover, if you take care of your dental implants it would last for more than ten years. The life of the dental implant is directly proportional to how much you take care of it.
In addition, the implanted teeth should be taken care similarly like your natural teeth. Moreover, the cost of the dental implant in Dentists Cranbourne and Dentist Clyde is very much pocket-friendly, when you buy them, just keep them clean and plaque free.
What Happens In Your Mouth When You Don’t Care Of Your Dental Implants.
By not brushing & flossing your teeth regularly, you’re putting your dental health at risk. If you don’t brush and floss your teeth regularly a condition called mucositis will start to show symptoms. In this condition abnormal bleeding in the mouth will be triggered, in most cases, patients don’t realize about the bleeding and won’t give any attention. That’s why a regular checkup with a dentist is necessary, the dentist finds out the underlying cause and starts the treatment so that the problem would not get bigger. Moreover, if the mucositis is not treated on time, it can lead to another condition known as Peri-Implantitis, the symptoms are bone loss and bleeding. In this strange, the bone loss is irreversible which result in a collapsed dental implant.
Tips to Maintain Your Dental Implants?
- Apply only low-abrasive toothpaste also do not apply stain-removers and baking soda
- Do not use a hard-bristle brush, it can damage your teeth, get a soft-bristled brush which is recommended for both implants and natural teeth. Doesn’t matter the brush is electric or normal but make sure the bristles are soft.
- Always buy an unwaxed tape floss or the one which is specially designed for dental implant purpose.
- Keep visiting your dentist from time to time.
- Try to have a balanced and healthy diet also avoid carbonated drinks.
- Limit the consumption of sugary food items.
- Also, avoid eating or biting hard objects with dental implants as it may fracture the teeth.
- Brushing and flossing two times a day is best for your dental health. However, if you find flossing around your implant difficult, keep doing it, you’ll become habitual and would get comfortable over time.
- Avoid smoking cigarettes, smoking is not only bad for health but it delays the healing process of the tooth and also weakens the bone structure.
Reach Out To The Best Dentists Cranbourne.
Searching dentist Clyde, and dentist Cranbourne? Woodleigh Waters Dental Surgery has the best dentists, we can be the best option for you. The dentists we have are highly professional and skilled we are focused to providing the best services to our clients. Reach out to us and get the best dental care at affordable prices for all types of dental treatments.